State of Grace
In October 2015, Atlanta celebrity chef Ford Fry’s highly-anticipated State of Grace made its debut in a bright and airy River Oaks space. In his first Houston venture, Fry, a James Beard-nominated chef, teamed up with executive chef Bobby Matos to create a southern menu inspired by Houston and the Gulf Coast.
Inside, designer Elizabeth Ingram’s talent is evident in an eye-catching space that marries the aesthetic of an upscale hunting lodge with preppy Southern vibes. Crisp white and natural light contrast with antler installations and
clubby banquettes, while a stunning oyster bar sits center stage for walk-in patrons. On the menu, fresh catch like the scallop crudo or lobster hushpuppies quickly emerged as fan favorites, not to be outdone by the Korean fried chicken wings or duck carnitas. In addition to signature cocktails, State of Grace’s well-priced wine list add to the restaurant’s appeal.
State of Grace is open for lunch, Monday through Friday, and dinner daily.
- Hours: LUNCH Mon. — Fri. 11:00 am — 3:00 pm BRUNCH Every Sun. 10:00 am — 3:00 pm HAPPY HOUR Mon. — Fri. 3:00 pm — 6:00 pm DINNER Nightly 5:00 pm — 10:00 pm (11:00 pm Fri. & Sat.)
- Price: $$$ (Meal, including one drink, tax and tip $31-$60)
- Seating Capacity: 100
- Reservations Required
- Menu: Executive Chef Bobby Matos strums a jubilant medley of old favorites played with new spice, accent, and freshness: southern, American, Latin, Gulf Coast, German, and Asian.
- Weekend Brunch
- Happy Hour
- Valet Parking
- Self Parking
- ADA Accessible
- Group Friendly
- Curbside Pickup
- Se Recoge en la Puerta
- Banquet Capacity: 100
- Reception Capacity: 200
- Facility Buy Out For Special Event
- On-Site Catering
- Preferred Valet Vendor(s)
- Private Room
State of Grace makes a stunning backdrop for any occasion. Whether you’d like to host a cocktail hour at the oyster bar, gather your business associates in the private dining room for a presentation, or reserve the entire restaurant for a wedding reception, we can help plan your special event. Email inquiries to EventsHouston@FordFry.com
Private Dining Room for seating up to 25 guests, Oyster Bar for cocktail receptions up to 35 guests. Full Restaurant buyout available for 100 seated guests to 200 cocktail/reception style.