Marriott Marquis Houston
The Marriott Marquis opened in December 2016, bringing 1,000 new hotel rooms and an abundance of new meeting space to the Downtown convention district, now dubbed Avenida Houston.
A one-of-a-kind Texas-shaped lazy river, rooftop infinity pool, and special events pavilion overlooking Discovery Green Park establish the Marquis Houston as a cosmopolitan oasis in the heart of downtown. The hotel also features a full service spa and fitness center, two-story sports bar, and two specialty restaurants.
Developed by the RIDA Development Corporation, the $370 million project broke ground in April 2014 and “topped off” in September 2015 when its final beam was lifted into place on the 29th floor.
Within its 1,000 guest rooms, the hotel offers 360 king rooms, 600 double queens, and 40 suites, including four vice-presidential suites and two presidential suites. Rooms are luxuriously appointed with Marriott’s signature bedding and offer modern in-room technology options such as LCD televisions, connectivity plug-in panel, and both wired and wireless Internet. Work areas provide a custom-designed pivoting desk and ergonomic chair for the business traveler while elegantly appointed bathrooms feature amenities from THANN™, an all-natural, luxury spa line from Thailand.
Amenity Deck with Infinity Pool and Texas-Shaped Lazy River
Perched 110 feet in the air and surrounded by Houston’s soaring downtown skyline, the hotel’s amenity deck features a 530-foot long water feature that circumnavigates the entire state of Texas, from the Panhandle to north Texas around Dallas, to east Texas along the Louisiana border, to Houston and the Mexico border. Approaching El Paso the river appears to disappear off the edge of the building with views through an underwater window looking down on the park below.
Spa and Fitness Center
The Marriott Marquis Houston features a 5,000 square-foot, full-service spa with seven treatment rooms and a state-of-the-art, 5,000 square-foot fitness center, ideal for both business and leisure travelers.
Signature Food and Beverage Outlets
Six food and beverage outlets, including two specialty restaurants (one helmed by acclaimed Houston Chef Hugo Ortega), two-story sports bar dubbed Biggio's, wine bar, lobby bar, café, and pool bar and grill offer guests a myriad of elevated culinary choices and experiences.
Connected to the George R. Brown Convention Center via a climate-controlled skybridge, the Marriott Marquis Houston features 52 meeting rooms that boast over 100,000 square feet of flexible meeting space, including a 39,000 square-foot ballroom—the largest in Houston, a 21,729 square-foot junior ballroom, and a 3,500-square-foot, open-air event pavilion on the hotel’s sixth floor terrace.
- Full Service
- Single Rooms: 360
- Double Rooms: 600
- Total Rooms: 1000
- Suites: 22 Parlor Suites 9 Hospitality Suites 3 Luxury Suites 4 VP Suites 2 Presidential Suites
- ADA Accessible Rooms: 35
- Number of Floors: 29
- Restaurants: 6
- AAA Rating: 4 diamond
- Check in: 4pm
- Check out: 12pm
- Built: 2016
- Room Service
- Continental Breakfast
- Club Floor
- 24 Hour Security
- Business Center
- Outdoor Pool
- Fitness Center
- In-Room Coffee
- No. blocks from GRB Convention Center: 1
- No. Miles from GRB Convention Center: connected via skybridge
- No. Miles from Reliant Park: 5.8 miles
- No. of Elevators: 12
- Senior Rate
- Group Rate
- Military Rate
- Bus Parking
- Interior Corridors
- Houston Clean - Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
- Houston Clean - Promote Physical Distancing
Student Friendly Restaurants
- Do you accept group reservations?
- What is the largest group size you can accommodate: Up to 100
- How far in advance do you need a reservation?: www.opentable.com - or - Call 713.654.1777 for inquiries
- How far in advance do you need a final group count: www.opentable.com - or - Call 713.654.1777 for inquiries
- Do you have a gluten-free menu?
- Do you close for private events?
- Do you have a private dining room?
- How many can the private dining room hold?: 350
- Do you provide bag check in?
- We have tax-exempt status. Can you accommodate?
- Do you have a "Career Path" program for students?
- Grade Level: High School
- What are the requirements?: See Human resources
- Can you provide a careen roadmap?
- Do you have position profiles built?: Yes
- Will you incorporate training and development?: Yes
- Number of Rooms: 52
- Total SqFt.: 100000
- Largest Room: 39716
- Ceiling Size: 24
- Theatre Capacity: 5040
- Banquet Capacity: 2760
- Classroom Capacity: 2862
- Reception Capacity: 4119
- Sleeping Rooms: 1000
- Suites: 40
- Booths: 225
- Catering Kitchen
- On-Site Catering
- Preferred Caterers
- Preferred Valet Vendor(s)
- Private Room