George Ranch Historical Park
Discover more than 100 years of Texas ranching history at the George Ranch Historical Park, a 480-acre living history museum situated on a real working ranch. Located just 30 miles southwest of downtown Houston, the George Ranch Historical Park’s history follows the lineage of one Texas family from the 1830s through the 1930s. Tour four different historic home sites, interact with the costumed interpreters, watch the cowboys rope and sort cattle and more.
The 1830s Jones Stock Farm:Embark on a trip through history with a visit to one of the earliest settlements of Southeast Spanish Texas: the Henry and Nancy Jones homestead. Marvel at the early tales of Texas and wander through the log cabin, gardens, barns and outdoor kitchen.
The 1860s Ryon Prairie Home: Discover life in post-Civil War Texas with a visit to the home of Polly Ryon and her husband William during the 1860s. Learn about this remarkable second generation story amidst a time of both great struggle and great change in both Texas and the United States as you tour the 1851 Greek Revival home, the chuckwagon camp, gardens and outbuildings.
The 1890s Davis Victorian Mansion: Explore the waning days of the 19th century in the Victorian splendor of the 1890s Davis Mansion. Learn about the third generation of the family by touring the original Davis home, then complete the tour by visiting “Uncle Bob” at the sharecropper farm and watching a blacksmith work his trade in the working blacksmith shop.
- Hours: Saturdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Also open other dates throughout the year; see website for details.
- Admission: $15 adults, $10 children 4-12
- Group Rates
- Senior Rates
- Child Rates
- Gift Shop
- Free Parking Available
- Private Room for Special Events
- ADA Accessible
- Requirement for Chaperone/Student Ratio: 1:10
- Motorcoach Parking
- Advance Notice Required for Groups
- Cancellation Policy for Groups
- Deposit Required for Groups
- Walking Trail
- Nature Trail
- Historical Marker/Museum
- Meeting Rooms
- ADA Accessible
- Are you interested in the student group travel m
- Is your facility ADA compliance?
- Do you offer student group discounts?
- Catering Kitchen
- Facility Buy Out For Special Event
- On-Site Catering
- Preferred Caterers
- Private Room