This Rice neighborhood favorite brings in the crowds for its Italian fare. Prego's menu is full of complex and rich flavors that utilize the indigenous ingredients of Italy. Red ripe tomatoes, fresh herbs, exotic mushrooms and polenta, the Italian staple grain, are found in abundance on the bill of fare, which changes seasonally. The menu runs the gamut from classic dishes with a modern twist to contemporary Italian dishes created by Chef Watt. The proof of any Italian restaurant is in the pasta, and at Prego, the pastas are top-notch. All of Prego's pastas and their phenomenal fillings/toppings are custom made to Watt's specifications.
The perfect complement to outstanding food is outstanding wine, and Prego's award-winning list features something for every taste and price range. The extensive list boasts more than 220 domestic, Italian and French wines, selected by Sommelier Rafael Espinal and Watt.
- Listed in Zagat's book of 200 Best Italian Restaurants in America (2008).
- Received Wine Spectator's Award of Excellence for wine list (1998-2010).
- Chef John Watt was two-time guest chef at prestigious James Beard House.
- Called "Houston's best kept secret" by Money magazine (1993).
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 11am-10pm Friday-Saturday 11am-11pm
- Price: $$ (Meal, including one drink, tax and tip $11-$30)
- Seating Capacity: 100
- Reservations Required
- Languages Spoken
- Menu: http://www.prego-houston.com/menu_main.html
- Weekend Brunch
- Serves Late
- Kid's Menu
- Live Entertainment
- Self Parking
- Take Out
- Separate Checks OK
- Group Friendly
- Student Group Friendly
- Motorcoach Parking
- Number of Rooms: 1
- Banquet Capacity: 100
- Reception Capacity: 100
- Facility Buy Out For Special Event
- Private Room
Meeting Facility Rooms